Covid Vaccination: Pre And Post Instructions
There are more than ten crores+ vaccination doses which have been administered in India so far, according to WHO. Still, there are many myths and misconceptions surrounding the vaccine. In India, two vaccines have been granted emergency use authorization (EUA), Covaxin and Covishield.
Let’s take a look and understand some important information regarding Covid vaccination.
There are two doses for both vaccines, which are administered with a time gap of 28 days. It’s important to get both the dosages.
Mode of Administration
Both of these vaccines are administered intramuscularly.
Benefits of Covid-19 Vaccination
As of now, there is no evidence that the vaccination provides 100% efficacy against SARS CoV-2. However, it provides protection against infection by increasing immunity and reducing the risk of developing the infection. Getting vaccinated also helps the community from not getting infected as people who have undergone vaccination are less likely to infect someone else.
Common Side Effects
After getting the Covid vaccine, an individual might experience short-term side effects. These side effects usually go away in two to three days. However, the side effects of the second dose are a little more intense than the first dose.
Post-vaccination common side effects:
- Redness, pain, and swelling at the site of vaccination shot
- Muscle pain
- Mild fever
Precautions To be Taken Before Vaccination
- Any person with an allergy to specific medications or with comorbidities should get clearance from their doctor prior to vaccination.
- Eat well before getting the vaccination done.
- If a person feels anxious, he can take advice from the medical team.
- People with high blood pressure & diabetes should keep their vitals in check prior to vaccination.
- Individuals who have been infected in the last 45 days and those who have received blood plasma or monoclonal antibodies as a part of Covid-19 treatment should avoid taking vaccine shots in that time span. Vaccination can be done post-recovery.
- As per WHO guidelines, children below 18 years and pregnant women cannot take the vaccination.
Precautions To be Taken After Vaccination
Many people think that they are completely immune to the infection after getting the first dose of the vaccination. However, it is important to know that only after two weeks of the second dose, the immunity against Covid infection will be developed in the body. Hence, basic precautionary measures must be followed post-vaccination also.
- Avoid strenuous activity after 2-3 days of vaccination.
- Never take off the mask in a public place.
- Avoid crowded places and maintain social distancing. Stay at least at a distance of 6 feet from others.
- Sanitization of hands must be done regularly.
- Follow a good respiratory hygiene.
- If any Covid-19 symptoms reoccur even post-vaccination, consult the doctor immediately.
Medical Tests and Health Checkups Available At House of Diagnostics (HOD).
Covid Vaccination - Pre And Post Instructions And Benefits
There are more than ten crores+ vaccination doses which have been administered in India so far, according to WHO. Still, there are many myths and misconceptions surrounding the vaccine.
House of Diagnostics