The world is facing a pandemic and it is very important that everyone must take care strictly of themselves and their loved ones. Besides practicing social distancing, we should also practice home care. Staying indoors is crucial but we must follow precautionary tips too. We together as a family has to fight these tough times together!
1. Wash hands with soap and water regularly for 20 seconds, especially
2. Prevent unnecessary exposure with anyone who is unwell or sick and sharing items such as personal hygienic items.
3. Don’t forget to cover the mouth and nose while sneezing or coughing with a tissue or elbow in case tissue is not available.
4. Monitor the health of every family member. Look after the symptoms such as cough and fever. Along with these symptoms, look after the status of pre-existing health issues such as heart disease, high blood pressure, or diabetes.
1. If someone is ill, especially with cough and fever, wash hands frequently with soap and water or with alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
2. Avoid going to work, school, college, or public places. Take proper rest, drink plenty of fluids, and eat plenty of healthy diets, especially immunity boosters foods.
3. Stay in a separate room, away from other family members as much as possible. Always wear a medical mask and maintain a distance of at least one meter from others. Keep the room well-ventilated.
4. Cover mouth and nose while coughing or sneezing with a tissue paper or piece of clean cloth and discard it soon after the use. If tissue is not available, use the flexed elbow. If facing more health concerns, contact the health care provider immediately.
If you are feeling unwell and seem to have certain symptoms, contact your physician immediately.
1. Ensure the person is taking proper rest, eating healthy, and drinking plenty of fluids.
2. Always wear a medical mask when in the same room with a sick family member. Do not touch the mask or face during the use and discard it afterward.
3. Wash hands frequently with soap and water or an alcohol-based hand sanitizer. Wash hands especially :
4. Use dedicated utensils, cups, eating dishes, towels, blankets for the ill person. Wash them regularly.
5. Identify highly touched surfaces by the sick person and clean and disinfect them regularly. Read more about disinfecting homes.
6. Call the doctor immediately if the ill person worsens or experiences any type of difficulty, especially breathing.
Medical Tests and Health Checkups Available At House of Diagnostics (HOD).